Subject:[mou-net] Dodge Co. Snowy Owls
From:Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:52:44 -0700

I went out very early this morning with Paul Ogren to find the previously reported Snowy Owls in Dodge County. From about 7:10am until 8:15am we drove around the area of 700th, 690th and 120th looking with no success. We then found a group of cars looking north on 700th Street to the small snow patch about 1/4 mile away from the road and to the west of the abandoned school ruins. The owl was there and may have been there as we were searching before but this location is far from the road and difficult to see unless you have a scope on the bird already. There was another paler bird a little further west on the south side of 700th. This bird was even further from the road. It was amazing to see two snowies in one location but much like last nights report of the Streans County owl it would have been a lot nicer had they been closer to the road. Thank you to those who reported previously on these birds.  Jason Caddy    Minneapolis    j.caddy@hotmail.com