Subject:[mou-net] Dodge Co.: All 3 Snowy Owls present
From:Ken or Rebecca Vail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:51:49 -0700

Between 7:30 and 8:15 this morning all 3 Snowy Owls were located within about a mile of each other (as the owl flies).  The first one south of 690th St. midway between 130th Ave and 120th Ave. south of the road on a snowy patch on the line between a plowed cornfield and a bean field.  The second was seen SW of the first bird in the bean field, best viewed off of 120th Ave looking east.  The third was located in the same previously reported snowy patch in the field west of the old country school site.

The fresh snow we're now getting is likely to affect their movements as well as their visibility to the birders.

I'm running out of usable icons on this Google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217526816684272944468.0004b7795e11ce9d26b29&msa=0

Ken Vail
Blooming Prairie