Subject:[mou-net] (Fwd): Alert to glaucous gull watchers at WLSSD treatment plant, Duluth
From:Jim Lind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:27:02 -0700

From:           	Susan DarleyHill <>
To:             	"''" <>
Subject:        	FW: Alert to glaucous gull watchers at WLSSD treatment pl=
Date sent:      	Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:06:15 +0000

From: Susan DarleyHill
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:05 PM
To: ''
Cc: Karen Anderson
Subject: Alert to glaucous gull watchers at WLSSD treatment plant

Greetings =93
We have seen several eager glaucous gull watchers entering areas of
our facility that are not open to the public. Our transfer station,
in particular, is an off-limits, hazardous facility where folks have
been observed driving, parking, and walking. I am an avid
birdwatcher, myself, and share the passion for seeing any and all
birds in my forays, especially the unexpected!

Unfortunately, we need to caution folks that all areas of the WLSSD
wastewater treatment plant, much of the solid waste handling
facilities, and the surrounding property here (2626 Courtland St,
Duluth, MN 55806) are not accessible to the public unless escorted
by WLSSD staff. Other than our administration building and our
household hazardous waste facility (during regular facility hours),
there is no public access on the property, including the lakeshore
and composting facility.

Thanks for getting the word out to your folks,

Susan Darley-Hill
Environmental Program Coordinator
Western Lake Superior Sanitary District
2626 Courtland St., Duluth, MN 55806