CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2012

From:
Andy Molnar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:07:57 -0500

**COMMERCIAL RESPONSE, MEDIA CYBERNETICS**

Hi Esteban,
The nVidia recommendation for AutoQuant X (AutoDeblur/AutoVisualize) is
based strictly on 3D rendering (that is, the 5D Viewer component of
AutoVisualize), not on nVidia's support of CUDA. Our own testing with the 5D
Viewer has just tended to show better stability and performance with nVidia
cards. If you're primarily doing deconvolution and your 3D rendering
requirements are either very modest or are served with another application,
then I don't think the Gigabyte card will pose a problem here.

Best Regards,
Andy

Media Cybernetics
4340 East-West Hwy, Suite 400