CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2012

Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:32:15 +0530

Hi Bjron,
At our Centralised Advanced Microscopy and Imaging Facility we had similar issue and we have designed a circuit along with a simple VB program ( windows XP) to solve this problem. The system works as follows:
1. User has to log in with their independent username and password.
2. After logging, a pop window appears to switch ON the Microscope and accessories.
3. Once the user clicks On the ON icon in Pop up window, then only Microscope and other
   accessories will get power.
4. After finishing his work user can click on OFF icon in the POP window and Microscope power will
   be OFF.
5. User has to logout before leaving the microscope.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

N.R.Chakravarthi
Senior Technical Officer
Instrumentation
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, INIDA.