Subject:Merlin, Bluebird - Burnsville/Apple Valley
From:Andy Forbes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:07:19 -0500

This past Saturday while walking around Burnsville Center, I had a Merlin
fly in from out of nowhere and land on the top of the building complex. It
sat there for a about a minute and provided some nice looks before taking
off.

Yesterday, when walking into brunch at Jensen's (also at Burnsville
Center), I could have sworn I heard an Eastern Bluebird. I thought, nah,
just hearing things. Then later in the day while showing visiting family
around the MN Zoo in Apple Valley, an Eastern Bluebird flew right up near
us near the camel enclosure. Maybe I did hear one before!

Common Grackles were also in and staking out their claims to conifer stands
around the zoo.

Andy Forbes, Dakota Cty.