Subject:Raptors Moving in Proctor, SE St. Louis Co.
From:David Carman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:39:05 -0400

I took a couple of my students on a mid day walk around the Proctor, Minnesota secondary school campus in extreme southeastern St. Louis County between 12:40 and 1:20 CST, and we were treated to 16 migrant Bald Eagles, an early Turkey Vulture (1:12 p.m.), and an adult  Red-tailed Hawk during this short period of time. Winds were initially light east switching to moderately out of the northwest, which appeared to push the flight line to the northeast of our location (toward downtown Duluth/Enger Tower).  Based on this quick sample, I suspect a big movement may have  occurred today .  Other early migrants noted included two Red-winged Blackbirds (RWBL)  and one American Robin (AMRO) in the gully to the NW of the middle school grounds .

Dave Carman

Esko, Minnesota