Subject:International Festival of Owls - Photos and more
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:09:34 -0500

While attending the International Festival of Owls earlier this month, I
made sure to take a handful of photos to share!

There are endless opportunities to learn about the amazing world of owls at
this event. Everything is owl-based at the festival; from the
presentations, to the fund-raising bake sale, to the face-painting for the
kids, and more. People come from all over the world to attend the festival,
as well as give the keynote speeches. Last year the keynote speakers came
from Norway and Nepal (both work actively in the world of studying owls and
conservation), and this year the keynote speeches were given from people
traveling from Montana, Germany, and South Africa! There are also live owls
for the festival participants to see up close. For any of you that have
never attended the festival, I highly recommend it!  Within my gallery link
(below), are some links/websites to keep in touch with the festival
happenings, and to learn more about this great event in the little town of
Houston, MN.

International Festival of Owl pictures
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/international_festival_of_owls_2012

Enjoy the pictures! Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography
www.pbase.com/birdfedr