Subject:Hooded Merganser (Dakota/Ramsey)
From:Seth Hayden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:11:33 -0800

Went for a walk on my lunch at Crosby Park. No migrants of note-lake is still ice covered, and the backwaters seem to only have Mallards and Canada Geese.

On my way back to work saw my FOY Hooded Meganser on a small pond behind the Lilydale town offices. Pond is spring-fed, so it is ice-free almost year-round.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YylMHAh0v0b33S6jwHbmktMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Hooray for spring!
-Seth