CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2012

From:
Tong Yan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:08:40 +0800

Hi, Dave,
We have went through same so called "acquisition automatic stop" problem on our wide field fluorescence microscope, Olympus BX61 WI, with the photometrics Coolsnap ez camera and MediaCybernetics software IPP. After about two years testing (tried almost the same things as what you have done), we finally changed the camera to Olympus xm10 and Olympus Cellsens Dimension. In my case, I suspect that the problem came from the mirror unit but the 3rd part software was not able to point out the error so the acquisition was stopped without any error message most of the time.
If I were you, I would like to ask Olympus try their acquisition software and camera on your system to find out if it will solve your problems the next.
The best,
TONG Yan (Ms) :: NUS Centre for BioImaging Sciences :: Department of Biological Sciences :: National University of Singapore :: 14 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543 :: (65) 6516 7202 (DID) :: (65) 6779 2486 (Fax) ::) :: [log in to unmask] (E) :: www.nus.edu.sg (W)Company Registration No: 200604346E