CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2012

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:26:35 +0100

That's a nice 'rant' but it does of course ignore the fact that many cameras have square pixels... so it is justified to represent/describe the data with square pixels in that case ... I kind of wish that Microsoft applied similar 'deep thought' to their software before releasing it tho'

LOL

As a further aside,  I note that no one has so far discussed the issue of A/D conversion resolution in deciding the _actual_  bandlimit. For a n bit converter, the bandlimit occurs when the power spectrum of the Airey disk falls below 1/2 a bit (I think) so it's also amplification and noise dependent...

Cheers
Mark