Subject:Recieve copy of own postings
From:Terence Brashear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:55:00 -0700

I have checked several people's settings and they are correctly set to receive their own posts.  After some research I have found that Gmail is the issue.  There are known issues with Gmail and the listserv software we use.  Google has no intention of fixing the issue at the moment.

The default setting when you subscribe is to receive copies of your posts.

You can verify your settings here:

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mou-net

Please read the instructions carefully.  If you have never logged in before take note of this text:

"If this is the first time you see this dialog, or if you have forgotten your password, you will need to get a new LISTSERV password first."

Click the link "get a new LISTSERV password", enter your email address, and set a password.  The password can be anything you choose, and does not need to be the one you use to login to access your email.

Once you are logged in there should be a check box next to "receive copy of own postings".

Terry Brashear
Hennepin County, MN
http://www.naturepixels.com
birdnird AT yahoo.com