CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2012

From:
Manoj Mathew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 15:54:55 +0530

Dear Colleagues

I would like to inform you about the fourth Bangalore Microscopy Course in
Sep. 23-30, 2012 (organized by the National Center for Biological Sciences
(NCBS) in Bangalore, India).

Ron Vale, Nico Stuurman and Kurt Thorn  (UCSF) as well as Jitu Mayor, H.
Krishnamurthy, and I (NCBS) are involved in organizing it. This is an
annual course, similar to the Advanced Quantitative Light Microscopy course at
the MBL, Woods Hole and the EMBO microscopy workshops.

This course  provides didactic and hands-on training in a variety of light
microscopy techniques and is taught by international leaders in microscopy.

 Faculty:

 Steve Ross, Nikon Inc., USA **

Jason Swedlow, University of Dundee, UK

Mike Davidson, University of Florida, USA

Kurt Thorn, University of California San Francisco, USA

Roop Malik, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India

Nico Stuurman, University of California San Francisco, USA

Satyajit Mayor, National Centre for Biological Sciences, India

Sudipta Maiti, Tata Institute of Fundament Research, India

Jan Ellenberg , European Molecular Biological Laboratory, Germany

The course is supported by the major microscopy and camera vendors and will
be held in the first-rate teaching labs and microscopy facilities at the
NCBS.  This follows the previous three Bangalore Microscopy Courses, in
2009, 2010 and 2011 respectively, which were fabulous successes and made a
big impact on most of the students who attended.

The course is designed for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
(although an advanced undergraduate, faculty member, or industry scientist
also would be welcome).  The course is  truly international with students
attending from Asia, Europe, and the US.

*We would appreciate if you could encourage potentially interested and
outstanding individuals to apply to the course.*

We also would appreciate if you could disseminate information about this
course by word-of-mouth or through email to graduate students/postdocs at
your institution.

Additional information and applications can be found on the course www
site:
*http://www.ncbs.res.in/events/microscopy2012*
*
*