CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2012

From:
Nuno Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2012 17:43:33 +0100

Hi,

At a certain point he had our 510 with SHG capability. In practice you need to direct couple the laser (one inch northwest from the visible laser fiber you should have a hole), change some dichroic mirrors and ask a quote for a PMT on the forward detection. Alignment is pretty easy by using a visible laser reflection. There might be further details though, namely the ms access db configuration.

Do not expect a good performance...we had better signal with http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0968432804000897  than with the zeiss, both forward and backward direction.

Have a look at the objectives specs. Don't forget that you might be imaging at 800 and collecting at 400.

All the best,
NM

PS: Don't forget
http://www.facebook.com/CoreManagementWorkshop