CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Lloyd Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:56:26 +1200

You could try disconnecting the stage where it plugs in to the scanner. However this might introduce even more error messages as the stage will fail to initialise. Did you notice if the stage drive was hot (the plate that sticks out to the left of the stage). This can happen if you try to drive the stage when there is resistance ie if the sample was pushing against the objective. If you can start the software you could try changing the stage range of motion to the larger scale on the settings menu which might allow you to move it back to its central position. From your error message it sounds like the stage has moved outside its normal range. Did you try turning everything off and then restarting - that will reinitialise the hardware - I would try that first. Just rebooting the computer won't do this. It's the middle switch on the right hand side under the table.

Dr Lloyd Donaldson
Project Leader - Microscopy & Wood Identification
Manufacturing and Biomaterials
Scion - Forests, Products, Innovation
49 Sala Street, Rotorua 3010
Ph 07 343 5581