CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2012

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:57:44 +0200

By definition, Lamin is not in the nuclear membrane but underneath. So
depending on what your question and your planed resolution is, this may
or may not be a problem.

Have a look at this comparison of anti-nuclear pore and anti-lamin with
confocal and 3D-SIM by Schermelleh et al.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:3D-SIM-1_NPC_Confocal_vs_3D-SIM.jpg

(make sure you don't loose the part of the URL in the second line, link
to the publication is in the figure legend)

Note that anti-NPC is rather homogeneous in confocal but not in 3D-SIM.
Good luck

Steffen

On 12.09.2012 12:56, Cameron Nowell wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I would second the suggestion of Lamin. We have had some spectacular images generated using it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Cam
>

> Cameron J. Nowell
> Microscpy Manager
> Centre for Advanced Microscopy
> Ludwig Insttue for Cancer Research
> PO Box 2008
> Royal Melbourne Hospital
> Victoria, 3050
> AUSTRALIA
>
> Office: +61 3 9341 3155
> Mobile: +61422882700
> Fax: +61 3 9341 3104
>
> http://www.ludwig.edu.au/branch/research/platform/microscopy.htm

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für experimentelle Medizin (WBex)
Head of light microscopy

Mail room:
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 München

Building location: