CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2012

From:
"Kilgore, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:57:22 -0400

** vendor reply **

Hi, Simon,

There are two options for commercial solutions:

The first one, which you mention, is the BackDrop background suppressor.  You would want the green one (to match the wavelength of your background signal -- the kit comes with blue, green, and red).  We have used it here at Molecular Probes to quench background fluorescence of this sort.  It's non-cell-permeant and non-toxic for standard imaging times.

The second option is to forego your media and instead image in our Live Cell Imaging Solution (catalog A14291DJ), which we routinely use now for most of our general imaging assays here.  It has been validated for signal-to-background for fluorescence for live cell imaging at ambient atmosphere and temperature for up to four hours with a wide range of cell lines.  It's a buffered salt solution with HEPES, as described in the product manual.
https://products.invitrogen.com/ivgn/product/A14291DJ
http://tools.invitrogen.com/content/sfs/manuals/Live_Cell_Imaging_Solution_QRC.pdf

Cheers,

Jason

Jason A. Kilgore
Technical Application Scientist
Molecular Probes Labeling and Detection Technologies
Cells Systems Division

T 1 800 955 6288 then option 4, then option 6,  or  541 335 0353 . F 541 335 0238
29851 Willow Creek Rd . Eugene . OR . 97402-9132 . United States
www.invitrogen.com/technicalsupport