CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2012

From:
Graham Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:34:01 +0800

Further to David's email - we also use something similar, a 2-part dental
silicone. The product is from PicoDent and called TwinSil (
http://www.picodent.de/artikel/831-picodent_twinsilsupsup_22.html?anz=0)
and our local Leica people were able to help us get hold of some after we
saw them using it for sample prep on the GSDIM system (no commercial
interest in either).

After you mix the two solutions you have a few minutes to use it before it
sets and seals. The nice thing is that it peals off quite easily afterwards
if you have to retrieve the coverslip for something else.

Regards,
Graham

--
Dr Graham Wright
Microscopy Unit Manager

Institute of Medical Biology
8A Biomedical Grove, #06-06 Immunos, Singapore 138648

E:   [log in to unmask]
W:  http://www.imb.a-star.edu.sg/imu/