CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2012

From:
Aryeh Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:51:07 +0300

Hi Liz and thank you for your response.

In our case, I can eliminate causes which would be common to all of the
lasers, since the problem only occurs with the argon-ion laser.
In the SP5, the vis lasers (all of them except the 405nm laser, which
for marketing reasons is referred to as "UV", when it is in fact "V")
are combined in the laser platform, and routed though the AOTF, and from
there via a fiber to the scanhead. There is no place (that I can see)
where a light leak can affect the argon ion laser independent of the
other vis lasers, since the laser platform is sealed.

--aryeh

On 9/2/12 11:26 PM, Elizabeth Nickless wrote:
> HI
>
> WE get horizontal lines with our zeiss LSM 510 when using
> transmission
mode mostly. They increase/change frequency at faster scanning speeds
and higher laser energy. We were told by our tech that it is stray light
getting into the system. We have had to put blackout behind the existing
black blinds we had across windows in our lab when doing transmission
scans sometimes the light from the touch panel on the side of the zeiss
is enough light but we turn it off if we are having real issues. WE
don't have an issue if we do this and don't put the laser
power/transmission up too high.

--
Aryeh Weiss
Faculty of Engineering