CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2012

From:
phil laissue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:29:36 +0100

Hi George,

indeed - but it would seem that it's used in the sense of a particular
organism, or 'distinct diseases with differing biologies', not in terms of
a whole study area.
Merriam-Webster on biology:
1     a branch of knowledge that deals with living organisms and vital
processes
2 a: the plant and animal life of a region or environment
   b: the life processes especially of an organism or group; broadly :
ecology

Again, you can argue about it (life processes of an organism are just a
smaller branch of knowledge), and make a fair case for 'microscopies'.
Boils down to preference.

Phil

--
Philippe Laissue, PhD, Bioimaging Manager