CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2013

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:49:57 -0800

Raw integrated density is the sum of all intensities of all pixels. If image is uncalibrated (distance unit is pixel), Integrated density and Raw integrated density are the same. If image is calibrated in real units, Raw Integrated Intensity is the same as above, while Integrated density is normalized to one area unit, I believe. Total intensity divided by number of pixels equals mean intensity per pixel (which you can also obtain from imagej, just select that parameter in the Set Measurements tab). If you divide by the calibrated area, then you get the mean intensity per area unit.

To analyze several regons across different images, use the ROI manager tool (Edit > Selection > Add to manager).

--
Julio Vazquez
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

http://www.fhcrc.org/