CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:46:04 -0700

Prabhakar:

Just one more comment:

As was pointed out by Gabriel, the Chamlide incubator does not monitor CO2 inside the chamber, as far as I know (no evidence of any sensor in there). It probably just mixes CO2 and Air and delivers that to the chamber. The chamber is small and engineered pretty tight though, and we use very little CO2 (2-3 sbps, or "small bubbles per second"). I don't know if the system from Pathology Devices monitors CO2 or not.

On the other hand, In Vivo scientific does have an incubator system where CO2 is monitored right inside the incubation chamber:

http://www.invivoscientific.com/Peripherals.htm

I believe this system though is designed to work with the larger type of incubator (that wraps around the scope) for temperature control. There is a second chamber that fits inside and holds the specimen. The CO2 probe goes in there. I think the key is to have a chamber that is well sealed, otherwise there is too much exchange of gas with the outside and CO2 control will be erratic.  You may want to check the exact specs with the vendor if interested.

--
Julio Vazquez,
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center