CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2013

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:13:37 -0700

An 8-bit mask was created from a 16-bit image by Find Maxima with output = Segmented particles.   When this mask used in a macro to redirect Analyze Particles to the original image, an error message states the "source image is not a valid choice for "Redirect to:".  But, if I manually set measurements to target redirect sampling to the original image and then run Analyze Particles, it works.
I even set the macro to delete all intermediate images, so only the mask and target remain.

I could work around by multiplying the mask and the source image, but that is slower.
Can someone offer some insight to  my problem?

Thanks
Glen MacDonald
	Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
	Cellular Morphology Core
Center on Human Development and Disability
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156