CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:35:05 -0500

Hello all,

The harddrive on our old Zeiss 510 failed recently and was replaced.  We
lost most of the configurations on it, but it has now been restored to
(mostly) fully working condition.

It doesn't have a laser for DAPI, however in the past it was configured for
pseudo-DAPI, ie - using the epifluorescence light source to image in the
DAPI channel.

Now after the repair that doesn't work.  I can get it to work while in 'Fast
XY' by manually opening the shutter and selecting the correct filter cube
mid-live-scan.  However once I stop the live scan, and click on 'Single' or
'Start', it closes the fluorescence shutter and puts a blank into the
filtercube position.  Saving the light path doesn't work, and I've tried
everything I could think of.

If anyone has the method to set it up for Pseudo DAPI imaging, I would be
grateful.  Thank you.

Keng