CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
simon walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:39:41 +0000

My understanding is that the Neo sCMOS sensor has two 11-bit (=2,048 grey level) analogue to digital converters, one with a high gain amplifier, one with a low gain amplifier.  In 16-bit readout mode the signal is a combined readout from the two amplifier/ADCs.  Presumably in rolling shutter mode you're just reading off from one of the amplifier/ADCs, choosing either the high or low gain option.  This is further confused by the chip being split into two halves with the top and bottom being read out independently, so presumably there are actually four amplier/ADCs in total.
Simon