CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:35:08 +0200

José,

just for completeness, there is a third option for scanning in xy:
When Davidovits and Egger (1969, 1971) built the first confocal laser(!)
scanning microscope, they used movement of the objective lens for
scanning. (Dois: 10.1364/AO.10.001615 and 10.1038/223831a0).
I guess there are reasons though, why this approach was not followed up
by later constructions.

Steffen

On 29.07.2013 10:13, DINTINGER José wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help, that made things much clearer for me;
> My project is just starting so I still have to sort out what are exactly the specs we are targeting and do some estimations to evaluate how the problem of vignetting is detrimental.
>
> Really thank you, that was quite helpful... I'll probably come back to the LIST with some more questions!
> Have a nice day.
>
> José

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für experimentelle Medizin (WBex)
Head of light microscopy

Mail room:
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 München

Building location: