CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Vladimir Zhukarev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:39:36 -0700

Dear Andrew,

  You might find it really hard to use NIR emitting fluorophores no matter how 'bright' they are, specifically because your detector is of a LASM510 type. Segmented detectors, much more that regular PMT'es, are known to be not optimal for imaging in this spectrum range (check with Hamamatsu - source of all PMT'es for confocal microscopy). By the way this why the 'spectral scale on your machine ends at 710 nm as opposed to 800 nm with other spectral confocals.
But you probably noticed this already.

Best

Vladimir

Vladimir Zhukarev, Ph.D
 Advanced Microscopy Consulting
 Life Science and Bio-Medical Applications

 'From Image-to Discovery!'
 610.350.1510 www.from-image-to-discovery.com
--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: Fluorophores for 633nm laser