CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2013 14:53:25 +0000

This will be a postwar but pre reunification scope.  It will have 160mm tube length so just about any old (fixed tubelength) eyepieces will work.  If you are being fussy you should check whether they are compensating or non-compensating.  (Look at a piece of white paper through the eyepiece - not the microscope - and a compensating eyepiece will have a yellow rim to the field of view, while a non-compensating one will have a blue rim).  The stage is not exactly rocket science so with care and a set of small screwdrivers you should be able to repair it.  The mysterious pieces of glass are probably just that, but would provide for fitting an analyser if the microscope was being used for polarized light, or contrast-enhancing filters for certain stains.  Einbau means installation or mounting I think.

                                                   Guy