CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

From:
Alison Dun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:37:18 +0100

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me source a far red dye that stains the nucleoplasm (but not the nucleolus) of live cells. The main issue we are having is that when exciting mCherry in the same sample the emission excites the far red dye if its spectrum overlaps too much. So we need a far red dye with excitation ideally above 680 nm. Any other suggestions about how to overcome this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ali

Dr. Alison Dun
Technology and Facility Manager
Edinburgh Super Resolution Imaging Consortium (ESRIC)
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh
EH14 4AS

Tel: +44 7977 518 581