CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2013

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:48:04 -0600

Your AOTF is more likely to experience problems than a modulated diode. The
AOTF is dependent on a consistent RF tuning which can drift over time.
Diodes on the other hand are dependent on their current feedback circuits.
Older laser diodes did not have the benefit of superior current and
temperature controls that are used now, so I agree that early generation
units might suffer from modulation, but newer units should take it without
complaint. There will be duty cycles and frequency regimes that will be
easier on the diode, mostly for thermal reasons. This can be mitigated by
the design of the package and electronics.

Craig