CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2013

From:
Richard Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 10:18:59 -0400

From: Richard Cole [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 10:15 AM
To: 'Confocal Microscopy List'
Subject: RE: Using a mirror for axial resolution testing

As part of a world-wide confocal microscope performance experiment, we (
<http://www.abrf.org/index.cfm/group.show/LightMicroscopyResearchGroup.54.ht
m>
http://www.abrf.org/index.cfm/group.show/LightMicroscopyResearchGroup.54.htm
) sent out test samples including sub-resolution beads for resolution
measurements.  We had consider using a front reflecting mirror and although
this is the method I use, the variability was higher than the beads.
Shameless plug: Cole et. al. International Test Results for Objective Lens
Quality, Resolution, Spectral Accuracy and Spectral Separation for Confocal
Laser Scanning Microscopes Microsc. Microanal. 19, 1-16, 2013
doi:10.1017/S1431927613013470

Richard Cole
Research Scientist V
Director: Advanced Light Microscopy & Image Analysis Core
Wadsworth Center

Research Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biomedical Sciences
School of Public Health State University of New York

P.O. Box 509 Albany N.Y. 12201-0509
518-474-7048 Phone
518-474-4430 Fax

Email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Website  <http://www.wadsworth.org/cores/alm/index.htm>
www.wadsworth.org/cores/alm/index.htm