CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2014

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:06:39 +0100

One thing you might want to keep an eye on is that the Ri of the
immersion oil is temperature sensitive. I am not sure what that means
for STED at 37°. Maybe you can switch oils, to one that has 1.518 at 37.

Steffen

Am 28.03.2014 04:28, schrieb Adrian Smith:
> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> Hi all,
>
> We are considering applying for funds to upgrade our SP5 (c. 2008) to
> enable CW gated-STED.
>
> Has anyone done this upgrade? How did it go?
>
> One thing in particular that we are concerned about is that we routinely
> have the system at 37C for live work (it basically stays at 37 permanently)
> but the STED objective is apparently designed for room temperature...
>
> Any comments appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrian Smith
> Centenary Institute, Sydney, AU

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für experimentelle Medizin (WBex)
Head of light microscopy

Mail room:
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 München

Building location: