CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2014

From:
Paula Sampaio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:59:51 +0100

Dear colleagues,

It  is  with  great  pleasure  that  we  invite  you  to be part of the
3rd Symposium in Applied Bioimaging, to be held in Porto from October
16-17, after the success of the two previous editions.

This  year the event will run under the exciting motto-- Capturing life
in a pixel ! The Symposium has been designed as a forum  for those
interested in the application of bioimaging  tools  for  life and
medical sciences, covering aspects ranging from imaging modalities to
analysis and simulation.

The  symposium  will  have  the duration of two days,preceded by a
hands-on workshop on bioimaging (held on October 15).

** List of confirmed Invited Speakers:

Bram Herpers  |  Chief  Operations  Officer, Leiden BioPartner Center,
The Netherlands

Carolina Wählby  | Centre for Image Analysis and Sciencefor Life
Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden

Gaby G.Martins | Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência,Oeiras, Portugal

Massimo Marenzana  |  Faculty  of  Engineering, Department of
Bioengineering, Imperial College, London, UK

Twan Lammers   |   Department   of   Experimental  Molecular Imaging  at
the University  Clinic  and the Helmholtz Center for Biomedical
Engineering at RWTH Aachen University,  Germany

Marta Candeias  |  National  Contact  Point for KeyEnabling Technologies
-- Nanotechnologies,   Advanced  Materials  and Advanced  Manufacturing
and Processing, and for SMEs, specifically SME instrument and Fast Track
to Innovation, Portugal

** List of hands-on workshop topics:

A. Microscopy image quantitative analysis using digital processing
B. Imaging flow cytometry, looking beyond the flow
C. Ultrasound imaging: development, physiology and disease
D. Confocal  raman  spectroscopy  and  atomic  force  microscopy.
Combining chemical  analysis  and  nanoscale  imaging  in  the study
of  cells  and scaffolds.

We  also  encourage all participants to submit an abstract to the symposium.

Oral and poster presentations will be organized.

We  expect  to  stimulate  lively discussions and exchange of ideas
between participants and speakers!

Participation  can  be  credited  with  1,5  creditsaccording  to the
ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).

For more details refer to the Symposium website.

The  symposium  will  fund   10 grants on a competitive basis   to cover
the registration of graduate students and post-docs willing to present
their work at the symposium.

** Important deadlines:

Early bird registration deadline: September 15, 2014

Lab session registration: September 15, 2014

Registration deadline: October 13, 2014

For more details, please visit the Symposium website at:
http://www.bioimaging2014.ineb.up.pt/

We  hope  that  you will seize this opportunity to join us at this
exciting meeting and visit Porto.

We look forward to welcome you!

Ana Paula Pêgo and Pedro Quelhas, INEB

Chairpersons

Paula Sampaio, PhD.
IBMC - Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular
Universidade do Porto
Rua Campo Alegre 823
P4150-180 PORTO
PORTUGAL