CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2014

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2014 09:39:47 -0700

Yes, the odor was quite unpleasant. Cargille reformulated their oils. We were able to obtain samples from them for testing. We now routinely use Cargille type HF (Formula code 368) for most of our applications. and Cargille type A (Formula code 1248) for applications where low viscosity is needed. This is primarily for live cell imaging with fast z acquisition where the type HF creates too much drag. Type A is quite runny, and special care is needed on inverted scopes. The Zeiss immersol 518 works fine too. It is a bit less viscous than Cargille HF.

Julio Vazquez
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Seattle, WA 98109