CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2015

From:
Michael Giacomelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 19:01:47 -0400

I had some pathology slides scanned at a local imaging core on an
Aperio scanner, but the color appears to be quite off.  Using the
built in correction in the aperio visualization software (which I
believe uses the correction information from the scanner), my H&E
slides are kind of a hot, oversaturated pink.  Disabling it brings it
closer to reality, but its still much too saturated.  Just to convince
myself, I looked side by side between the scanned images and the
original slides and used a second monitor.  Something is wrong.

I don't think this is my monitor, its an 8 bit IPS panel thats been
color calibrated to ~100% sRGB using an X-Rite.  Besides giving
excellent accuracy in the X-Rite measurements, other images look fine.

My assumption is that it has to be the scanner itself.  Has anyone had
this problem before?  I'm going to go back to the imaging core and try
to talk to them about it, but I was hoping to find out a little bit
more about the problem so I don't sound clueless when I say that my
images look 'funny'.

Mike