CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2015

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:09:38 -0600

The yellow-green LEDs, as Jens says, tend to be dimmer. Many of them are
actually phosphor or other down-conversion-process based rather than a
direct LED source. It turns out this is a bit of a tough wavelength to get
direct LEDs for. Part of the problem is sources that use down-conversion
methods tend to be much broader-band than direct LEDs, so not only do you
lose some power from the conversion process, but if you band-filter the
resulting broad spectrum you are throwing away even more light.

Craig