CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2015

From:
"José A. Feijó" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:51:19 -0400

I'm trying to get a Bio-rad two-photon with and Olympus BX51WI optics
aup and running. I need a nosepiece for that, but the lenses I have are
all large barrel. Olympus sells a 6 position rotating one, but with the
old, thinner thread. And then they have a very expensive sliding
two-position one with large barrel threads.
Does anyone knows if some other company fabricates this sort of parts?
Ideally I would wish a 4-5 position rotating nosepiece large barrell, or
any other model with at least two large barrel positions. All these
lenses are infinity corrected, so I'm assuming no problem on the
distance from the scope, should I look for trouble on that as well?
Last case scenario, anyone knows of an alternative (with better price)
or second one for one of these Olympus 2 position sliding pieces?

thanks in advance

Jose' A. Feijo', Prof.
Dep. Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics
University of Maryland
0118 BioScience Research Bldg, College Park
MD 20742-5815, U.S.A.

Phone (301) 405-9746 Fax (301) 314-9489
Email: [log in to unmask]

and/ e

Inst.Gulbenkian Ciencia, PT-2780-156 Oeiras, PORTUGAL

tel. +351.21.440.79.41/00/19, fax +351.21.440.79.70

or http://www.igc.gulbenkian.pt/research/unit/38