CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2015

Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2015 19:19:39 +0200

Hi,

If you still have the old computer - is the microscope nicely working
with it? Did you try a XP installation on the new computer? If you
have a backup of the old working system - maybe you can copy it on a
new hard disk and put it in the new computer and do a repair
installation so see if it works on the new hardware (but not the new
operating system). Then you can try an upgrade to Win Vista (and then
to Win7).

@ Jason: Adaptec has 32bit drivers for their scsi cards and Win 7.

BTW: Until recently, we had an old Leica TCS NT system - still working
(from 1997). Well, new photomultiplier tubes are always a good idea...
Picture quality was not bad either, and a new confocal was not much
faster (533 vs. 400 lines per second scanning speed). Now we got new
equipment, though, and you know how difficulty it is sometimes to find
enough space for your toys...

:-) Torsten

Zitat von [log in to unmask]: