CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2016

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 21:00:13 -0500

OMX is old tech (for example, the deconvolution is from around 1995).
OMX used multiple PC's (one per camera if I recall correctly).

Multiple cameras ... Can optimize exposure times and illumination
intensity to get the most and best data. GPU enables instant
gratification spatial deconvolution (and hopefully "joint" processing).

Fluorescence imaging was at 7plex (albeit inefficiently) in 2000,
http://jhc.sagepub.com/content/48/5/653.long
has not progressed nearly as much as flow cytometry.