CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2016

From:
John Oreopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2016 06:09:18 -0400

I've never experienced it myself, but if it's a spring-loaded objective barrel, oil can potentially leak through the gap between the spring-loaded section and the outside barrel and make it's way down through the objective - maybe. This is why I wipe oil off objectives as soon as I'm done using them. Hard to imagine any other way oil could get there, unless maybe oil dropped onto the nosepiece at the base of the objective? Or maybe someone removed the objective to clean it and accidentally set it down on a surface with oil? In any case, it should be fine to clean it off it it's only on the outside surface of the bottom lens of the objective.

Sending good vibes your way,

John Oreopoulos