CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1993

From:
Oliver Trepte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1993 10:21:08 +0200
Mikael Gustafsson wrote:
>512 x 512 B/W image. Consult the DOS manual on the PC about how to merge a
>file with another. The Tif template should come first in Your tif file,
>followed by the raw data. Once this is done the template can be used over and
>over again for this image type. Since I use only 3 resolutions
>(256x256,512x512 and 1024x1024) I need only three different templates. Of
>course a more elegant way is to use some converting program to start with,
>but if not available...

Has anybody compiled the Pbmplus package (available for public ftp from
ikaros.fysik4.kth.se, 130.237.35.2, directory /pub/pbmplus) on a PC?
There are compilation options for MS-DOS in it. If so, please contact me,
and I will make a compiled version (for MS-DOS) available for public ftp
as well. With the Pbmplus package you would issue the command:

bioradtopgm -X | pnmtotiff > outfile

where X is the number of the image you want to extract, 0 if it is the
first one in the set. No tiff templates, no file merging...

Available for public ftp from ikaros.fysik4.kth.se is now also a version
of Pbmplus compiled for Silicon Graphics machines. It is in the file
/pub/pbmplus/pbmplus.sgi.tar.Z. If you want the manual pages, you'll
still need the source distribution, but you won't have to compile it.
See the README.sgi file in the ftp directory.

        Oliver