CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1993

From:
Tom Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1993 09:39:28 -0500
>Hello Everyone,
>
>I've been doing some confocal imaging on an MRC-600 laser-scanning confocal
>microscope(Biorad) at U. Penn. and need to find a way of transferring the
>images I've acquired to our Mac Quadra.  I can deal with TIFF, EPS, and
>several other formats, once the files are on the Mac.  Is there a way of
>getting the files from the 650 MB optical disk that the  MRC-600
>DOS-software (COMOS) placed them on, to the Mac I've got here.
>
>I know that the workstation controlling the scope at U.Penn. is connected
>to their network via EtherNet hardware.  We are connected to the Internet
>here via Apple's LocalTalk hardware but may soon have an EtherNet
>connection ourselves.  Might it be best to send these files over the
>network.  If so, how would I do that (e.g., can I ftp them from one machine
>to the other?)
>
>Thanks ahead of time for the assistance.
>
>Bill Bug/ Swarthmore College
>Bill Bug
>Biology Department
>Swarthmore College
>Swarthmore, PA                  19081
>(215) 328-7788 / (215) 328-8663

Bill-  We FTP our BioRad images to our SGI and Mac all the time.  Just be
sure to set the filetype to binary (i.e., give the command "binary" before
the "put filename" command).
Thomas E. Phillips, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Sciences
Director, Molecular Cytology Core Facility
3 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
(314)-882-4712 (voice)