CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1994

From:
Blair Butterfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 1994 12:02:08 U
        Reply to:   RE>None
Orientation is one of the quantitative features included in VoxelView on the
SGI platform. There is a full suite of measurement features for points, paths,
areas, volumes, profile plots, histograms, etc in the software. Orientation is
reported for 2D and 3D paths and areas (though not volumes currently), and is
available for a single measurement or as a cumulative statistic for multiple
measurements. Hope this helps.

N. Blair Butterfield
Director of Technical Sales
Vital Images Inc
505 N 4th Street
Fairfield, IA 52556
Tel 515 472-7726
Fax 515 472-1661
Email [log in to unmask]

--------------------------------------
Date: 3/25/94 10:17 AM
Dear Confocal users,

Our facility is reviewing the available 2D and 3D softaware available
with the intension of purchasing a couple of systems.I have examined
software such as pc image, semper, voxblast, voxel view, magiscan,
csan, image pro and many others.
At present I am considering pc image since it can read mrc-600 files
as is, but for 3d systems we are still undecided. There seems to be
very little quantitification in 3D software (such as orientation) can
you suggest others which have.
I also would be interested in hearing how pc image operates in the
lab environment and how the sprynt card performs.

many thanks,
Steve Bagley
The Confocal Microscope Facility,
University of Manchester,