CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1994

Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 11:15:04 EDT
Not exactly a confocal microscopy question but I would be very grateful
for any advice on the following problem.

I am looking to move over to a PC based or Mac based framestore and software
for acquiring images from an intensified CCD and controlling the movement
of an existing excitation filter wheel, probably through the serial port.
PC software is expensive.  One quote I have been given for software alone
would allow me to buy an 8100 Power Mac, framegrabber and IPLabs Spectrum
and Ratio software (which only runs on Mac) and still have change!

Does anyone have experience with IPLabs in conjunction with framegrabbers?
Any suggestions on framegrabbers for the Mac which have an ALU for real-time
averaging and division and general recommendations for the PC or Power Mac
in this role.

Many thanks.

Kevin Pedley,
Physiology Group,