CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1994

From:
Dave KNecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 12:52:56 EST
Hi-  I am trying to upgrade the computer that drives our BIOrad MRC600.  This w
as discussed a while back and the conclusion was that any old PC would do.  So
I bought any old PC and now I am concerned.  The way the board is designed on t
his machine requires me to install the two BIorad boards directly over the 486D
X2 60 chip.  Since the boards are apparently heat sensitive, I am very concerne
d.  The tower case means that heat rising from the chip will pass directly onto
 the boards.  Has anyone done this and is it a problem??   Dave KNecht