CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

From:
Heinz Hemken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 15:51:36 CST
Dear confocal netters:

I'm just getting into cell reconstruction from confocal data sets, and would like to ply you people's extensive experience AND publications. Those of you who have done 3D reconstructions of cells and published the results, please send me the literature ref. If you are in a generous mood and can spare the time, I would be enormously grateful if you can send a reprint (especially if the article has lots of color pix).

I am currently interested in reconstructing cytoskeletal elements to infer the general 3D architecture of the cytoskeleton (eventually). Your comments, flames, criticisms are all welcome (you may contact me personally if you deem it appropriate).

I am currently using the VolVis 2.0 software (cs.sunysb.edu/pub/volvis) on an Indigo2. It's a fairly small package, but it's easy to learn and work with, and has a facility to pull in Biorad .pic files, I'm using someone else's MRC 600.

Thanks much,

Heinz

Heinz Hemken
Departamento de Biologia Celular