CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1995

From:
"P.Belan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:48:04 +0100
Dear collegues,

We work with Noran confocal system based on Indy IP22 computer (IRIX 5.3
operation system). Recently we have successfully networked Indy to a singe
DOS PC that  is connected to a HP 550C color printer. But all our attempts
to print using this printer from Indy failed. Actually, when we try to
configure the printer using "Printer Manager", there is a message: "Unable to
get the list of printers installed on the remote system". In the case
of using command "mknetpr" Indy says: "Failed to connect to host". Has
anybody experienced such a problem?

O. Gerasimenko, Ph.D