CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1995

From:
Pawel Pomorski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 16:51:03 CST
On Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:48:04 +0100, P.Belan wrote:

>Dear collegues,
>
>We work with Noran confocal system based on Indy IP22 computer (IRIX 5.3
>operation system). Recently we have successfully networked Indy to a singe
>DOS PC that  is connected to a HP 550C color printer. But all our attempts
>to print using this printer from Indy failed. Actually, when we try to
>configure the printer using "Printer Manager", there is a message: "Unable to
>get the list of printers installed on the remote system". In the case
>of using command "mknetpr" Indy says: "Failed to connect to host". Has
>anybody experienced such a problem?
>
>O. Gerasimenko, Ph.D

U will not see printer connected to system other than unix...if u would
like to use this printer, use swith which may allow u to connect printer
simultanously to both computers.
Pawel Pomorski                                      M. Nencki Institute
[log in to unmask]                                of Experimental Biology