CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1995

From:
Graham Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 09:34:20 EST
It is not obvious from the original enquiry what vintage BioRad is causing
the trouble. We experienced similar  periodic banding problems with a
BioRad MRC500 some time ago and every alignment and adjustment procedure
was tried without success. Initially the problem could be overcome by
Kalman filtering but eventually this was not sufficient. Dogged persistence
by our local BioRad guy finally tracked the problem down to (according to
BioRad) manufacturing faults in both mirrors that had progressively
worsened with age. After these had been replaced with 600 series mirrors
the problem disappeared.