CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1995

From:
Kevin Pedley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 18:52:56 +0000
>The only rational,
>predictable, and logical computer hardware/software combo I ever saw was
>on the old Star Trek show. Most real life computers are about as rational
>and logical as a standard, government-issue carbon-based organism.
>Sorry, Kevin, the computer wins again!

>Heinz Hemken
>Departamento de Biologia Celular
>CINVESTAV-IPN
>http://cell.cinvestav.mx
>

>On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, Kevin Pedley wrote:
>
>> >Thanks--yes, I am using PIne and I just marked "no" to sending to all
>> >recipients & the current header does not show CC to anyone.  So this will
>> >be a test.
>> >

>> Have I misunderstood?  How can you post mail to a listserve and *not* send
>> it to all recipients thereof.

No I did not write all that.  I wrote the last two lines.  It isn't
computers that are irrational or illogical.  On the contrary.  Its the
software and/or the users.  What I said stands.  If don't want your reply
to a listserve message to go to all recipients, send it directly to those
people you want to see it, not to the listserve.  And many of us don't use
Pine!

Dr. Kevin Pedley,                           e-mail:[log in to unmask]
Physiology Group,                           Phone: (+44)-171-333-4599
King's College London.                      Fax:   (+44)-171-937-7783
Campden Hill Road,
London W8 7AH.
U.K.